Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Tourism Officer. This is a full time position with the hours of work totalling 72.50 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include:
- Work with the local tourism industry to enhance the level of tourism activity in the Shire.
- Independently manage and implement projects and events with a specific tourism focus and assist with the management of other Council events as required.
- Oversee the operation of the Visitor Information Centres (VICs) in Ayr and Home Hill.
- Work in conjunction with the Volunteer Co-ordinators to support the volunteers in operating the two VICs.
- Carry out administrative duties as required, including dealing with correspondence relating to tourism issues, the updating of information on Council’s tourism website and social media links, etc.
- Undertake the development of promotional material highlighting tourism assets, products and services in the Shire.
- Prepare reports on tourism matters as required and update Council on tourism activity at regular intervals.
- Represent Council where required on regional working groups related to tourism and work with the Regional Tourism Organisation to enhance tourism in the Shire.
- Provide support to the Economic Development Co-ordinator on economic development activities as required.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($73,031pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/56 - Tourism Officer - (pdf 207.38 kB)
Applications for 17/56 – Tourism Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 13 December, 2017 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Eliza Lovell – Economic Development Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.