Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Labourer in the Water and Waste Water section.
The key responsibilities include:-
- General labouring duties within the Water and Waste Water reticulation and operational areas as directed on a daily basis.
- Maintenance to pump stations within the reticulation area.
- Assist with meter reading and maintenance.
- Participate in the On-call Roster and attend to out-of-hours emergencies as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:-
- Physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended period in direct sunlight.
- Demonstrated ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated sound written, electronic and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment under direct and remote supervision.
- Minimum of a C class driver’s licence.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, sanitary and reticulation fittings and their intended applications.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,934.89 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 17/57 - Labourer - Water and Waste Water - (pdf 218.5 kB)
Applications for 17/57 – Labourer – Water and Waste Water should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 1 January 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Shaun Johnston – Manager Water and Waste Water on (07) 4783 9800.