Local Government Act 2009
- Burdekin Shire Council (“Council”) has proposed to make Administration (Amendment) Local Law (No. 1) 2017 (the “proposed local law”).
- The purpose and general effect of the proposed local law is to ensure that persons do not threaten, insult or use abusive language to local government employees.
- Written submissions by any person in support of, or objecting to, the proposed local law are invited for a 21 day period commencing on Thursday 5 October 2017 and ending on 25 October 2017 (the “consultation period”).
- During the consultation period copies of the proposed local law will be made available at the Council Chambers, 145 Young Street, Ayr; the Burdekin Library, Graham Street, Ayr; and the Home Hill Library, Ninth Avenue, Home Hill during normal office hours or can be found on Council’s website www.burdekin.qld.gov.au
- Submissions must be received on or before 25 October 2017 stating—
- the grounds of the submission; and
- the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds.
You can download the proposed local law using the link below:
- Proposed Administration (Amendment) Local Law (No 1) 2017 - (pdf 45.56 kB)