The latest round of the Queensland Government’s Gambling Community Benefit Fund has delivered a windfall to community groups in the Burdekin Shire, who will share in more than $160,000 of grants.
Burdekin Shire Council Mayor Lyn McLaughlin congratulated the successful groups after they were announced under Round 92 of the program.
“All of these groups do fantastic work in the community, from offering opportunities for residents to engage in sport and recreation, to providing personal and family support,” Cr McLaughlin said.
“Volunteers are the backbone of our community and the value of the work they do is immeasurable. Thanks to the Queensland Government, through its Gambling Community Benefit Fund, they will now receive a welcome boost to support their efforts.”
It comes on the heels of Round 91 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund, which was announced in May, delivering more than $139,000 to organisations in the Burdekin Shire.
Minister Assisting the Premier on North Queensland Coralee O’Rourke said the Gambling Community Benefit Fund was Queensland’s largest one-off grants program, which distributes about $53 million a year to communities.
Attorney-General and Minister for Justice Yvette D’Ath said applications for the next round would open later in July.
“Applications are assessed by the Community Benefit Funds Unit and are considered every quarter,” Mrs D’Ath said.
“Community groups can also apply online for these grants worth between $500 and $35,000.”
For more information, visit www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants
Gambling Community Benefit Fund Round 92 Burdekin Shire recipients:
• Ayr Surf Life Saving Club Inc. – $16,650
• Burdekin Brass Band Incorporated – $8,350
• Burdekin Clay Target Club Inc. – $20,000
• Burdekin Football Club Inc. – $24,970
• Burdekin Potters Inc. – $25,124
• Burdekin Sub Branch Of Vietnam Veterans’ Association Of Australia Inc. – $26,590
• Endeavour Foundation – $13,706
• Giru Daycare Association Inc. – $25,182
Gambling Community Benefit Fund Round 91 Burdekin Shire recipients:
• Ayr Amateur Swimming Club Inc – $26,942.85
• Ayr Bowling Club Inc – $35,000
• Home Hill Bowls Club Inc – $20,000
• Home Hill Cricket Association Inc – $35,000
• The Burdekin Machinery Preservationists Inc – $22,350