Burdekin Shire Council has recently been successful in receiving funding through the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing Get Out, Get Active program. The program is specifically aimed at women 15 years and over who may be inactive or not as active as they should be! The aim of the program is to promote healthy lifestyles and active living, by introducing you to new physical activities to trial for eight weeks for FREE with one of the following fitness providers: Activ8, Curves, First In Physio, Nrgize and Snap Fitness. There will also be FREE weekly lifestyle modification sessions with Jeanie Zonta as part of the HEAL (Healthy Eating Activity & Lifestyle) program!
The 2018 Burdekin Get Out, Get Active program will run from Monday 5 February to Sunday 1 April 2018.
To be eligible to participate in this 8 week program, you must:
- Not currently be a member of or regularly attend a gym of fitness provider
- Not currently participating in regular physical activity more than 2 times per week (including walking, running, swimming, bike riding etc.)
- Be able to provide a medical clearance/permission form from your Doctor if required
- Be willing to have your before & after photo taken and regular weighs and measures
- Be willing to complete a short Survey at the end of the 8 week program
- NOTE: Preference will be given to participants who did not take part in the 2016 Get Out, Get Active program
If you fit the eligibility criteria listed above and want to make a positive lifestyle change register now by completing the registration form below. Alternatively, registration forms are also available from Council Customer Service Centre and the Burdekin Library and Home Hill branch. Please note: registrations have been extended and now close on 22 December 2017 – spaces are limited!
2018 Get Out, Get Active Registration Form
- 2018 Get Out, Get Active Registration Form - (pdf 258.73 kB)
Please return your completed registration form to the Burdekin Library or emailby Friday, 22nd December 2017. You will be notified by email if you have been selected to take part in this program.
For any enquiries, please contact the Community Development Team on (07) 4783 9829.