Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Rates Officer. This is a maternity relief position for a period of up to 8 months.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing maintenance to ensure integrity of the property and land rating database for levying of rates and charges, property searches and rating system upgrades.
- Generating and checking rate certificates prior to issue.
- Assist with debt collection processes for collection of outstanding rates.
- Assist with issue of annual, supplementary and half-yearly water consumption notices.
- Assist with preparation of rate reports including rating statement, audit reports, two and five year rating comparison, comparative annual rates collection report.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated high level of administrative and financial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple new work procedures and adapt to changes in process, practice, and technology, while applying attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve desired work outcomes.
- Experience in Local Government property and rating systems, including knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team that values a positive working environment, self-development and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($66,826pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/03 - Rates Officer (Maternity Relief) - (pdf 208.54 kB)
Applications for 18/03 – Rates Officer (Maternity Relief) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 30 January 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Kim Olsen, Manager Financial and Administrative Services on (07) 4783 9800.