Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Technical Officer – Civil to assist in the provision of design, drafting, infrastructure asset management and technical services.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake surveys, design, drafting, estimating, and compilation of specifications, job supervision, contract administration, costing analysis and asset database maintenance.
- Undertake projects as a technical project officer including tender assessment and project implementation, as constructed recording and asset and maintenance management.
- Implement technical projects co-ordinating necessary tradesman, technicians and other personnel.
- Provide timely and relevant reports, designs and specifications, and information to other Officers and Council.
- Undertake special technical projects to identify problems and create solutions.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Tertiary Educational Qualifications equivalent to an Associate Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience in some of the following construction industry office practices: drafting, scheduling, quantity surveying, estimation, cost control, as constructed records, cost forecasting and the use of computers as an aid to those activities.
- Proven ability to supervise and develop other employees.
- Experience in contract administration and supervision.
- Class C drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6 ($86,716pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/05 - Technical Officer - Civil - (pdf 206.61 kB)
Applications for 18/05 – Technical Officer – Civil should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Matthew Ingle, Design Office Manager on (07) 4783 9800.