Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Project Officer Waste Services. This is a project position for a period of up to three years. Although the position is offered on a full time basis, Council will consider applications submitted on a part time basis.
This position is responsible for assisting with the delivery of the Council’s waste services function. This Officer has a vital role in delivering outcomes in Council’s Operational Plan, Corporate Plan and the Action Plan contained within the North Queensland Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan 2014-24.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Strong skills in conflict resolution and customer service.
- Demonstrated ability in a variety of waste and environmental management functions including environmental monitoring and protection, waste management and recycling.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills both written and oral.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation enforced by Council’s Waste Services team.
- Knowledge of Council’s main waste facilities and services delivered.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of computer systems especially Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and database systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of educational and promotional programs.
- Possess a current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence for a manual car.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($74,126pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/06 - Project Officer Waste Services - (pdf 254.36 kB)
Applications for 18/06 – Project Officer Waste Services should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Lachlan Kerr, Waste Services Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.