Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendant at the Home Hill Transfer Station. This is a part time position with the hours of work being 7 hours per day worked on a 7 days on 7 days off roster. This is a temporary position until 30 June 2019.
The key responsibilities include:
- Open and secure the site on each rostered operating day.
- Supervise customers and any contractors operating at the transfer station.
- Reject loads of waste that do not meet approved acceptance criteria for the transfer station.
- Receive fees including cash and EFTPOS transactions and issue receipts.
- Set prices and sell second hand goods.
- Undertake yard maintenance duties including maintenance of signs or other equipment.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated ability to receive and account for public money.
- Demonstrated skill in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of face-to-face Customer Service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of waste management and transfer station operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Work Health and Safety as it relates to the operation of waste facilities.
- Demonstrated sound working knowledge of computers which will show the ability to learn and apply specialist waste management software used at the waste facility.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate is $25.84. Penalty rates apply on Saturday and Sunday.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/07 - Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendant (Temporary) - (pdf 208.5 kB)
Applications for 18/07 – Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendant should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Lachlan Kerr, Waste Services Coordinator on(07) 4783 9800.