Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Administrative Support Officer to undertake administrative duties in the Operations Department. Support areas include the Parks and Gardens, Works, and Water and Wastewater sections.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under regular direction, maintain the Customer Request system in Proclaim One.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of statutory reports.
- Preparation of correspondence, public notices, press releases and other material relevant to the Operations Department.
- Ensure document processes generated for Construction Projects are in accordance with Council Quality Assurance and Work Health and Safety procedures.
- Undertake Site Hazard Inspection audits in accordance with Council’s Monthly Action Plan’s.
- Undertake financial costing for the Operations Section.
- Maintain Council’s Intranet and website content for the Operations Department.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications and data entry.
- Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent general clerical experience.
- Minimum of class ‘C’ driver’s licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($61,534pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/10 - Administrative Support Officer - Operations - (pdf 213.81 kB)
Applications for 18/10 – Administrative Support Officer – Operations should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 6 March 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Wayne Saldumbide, Manager Operations on (07) 4783 9800.