Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer at the Ayr Cemetery.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of the Cemetery Sexton, assist with the grounds maintenance of the Ayr Cemetery by performing mowing, trimming, weed control, and general tidying work activities.
- Assist with new grave preparation and filling as needed.
- Assist Funeral Directors with arrangements and questions, with a positive attitude and demeanour.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated knowledge of landscaping and parks operations.
- Demonstrated experience in operating plant and equipment associated with parks management i.e. industrial mower, edger, brush cutters, small plant, etc.
- Demonstrated skills in computer usage including emailing.
- Demonstrated customer service skills in public contact situations.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Minimum of C class drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,963.88 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/13 - Labourer - Ayr Cemetery - (pdf 200.7 kB)
Applications for 18/13 – Labourer – Ayr Cemetery should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 27 March 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Parks Coordinator – Tano Buono on (07) 4783 9800.