Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for casual Front of House (FOH) Supervisors. The position is responsible for front of house operations, including casual and volunteer staff, for events at Council’s Cultural Venues. The Front of House Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating all front of house event requirements, ensuring the delivery of a customer focused, industry best practice service.
Reporting to the Cultural Venues Supervisor the key responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients to promote and maintain a positive organisational image within the community.
- Ensure all event personnel have the up-to-date requirements for the event.
- Liaise with the Friends of the Theatre to ensure that they have all the correct details for the upcoming event.
- Prepare and ensure the venue is ready for opening to the public.
- Ensure event times are met and the event runs smoothly.
- Ensure the venue is maintained and presented to a high standard during the event.
- Supervise bar and catering operations during the event.
- Supervise ticketing operations during the event.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service role including money handling duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a small team, with a diverse range of customers and with the public including children.
- QLD Blue Card and positive notice letter for working with children.
- Class C driver’s licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $24.61 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 18/16 – Cultural Venues – Front of House Supervisors (Casual) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 8 May 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Christopher Patrick – Cultural Venues Manager on (07) 4783 9800.