Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for casual Bar Attendants to provide exceptional customer service to patrons of the Burdekin Theatre’s licenced bar.
The key responsibilities include:
- At the commencement of shift, obtain all function details, staffing, customer requirements opening and closing times from the Venue Supervisor.
- Provide happy, friendly, helpful customer service to Theatre patrons.
- Provide a quick turnaround of customers’ orders.
- Operate under the guidelines of current Liquor Licence Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines.
- Report low stock levels to Supervisor.
- Assume accountability for all monies and reconcile float and takings with supervisor after each show or event.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in an alcohol service role.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a small team, with a diverse range of customers and with the public including children.
- Class C driver’s licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $24.48 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/17 - Cultural Venues - Bar Attendants (Casual) - (pdf 198.07 kB)
Applications for 18/17 – Cultural Venues – Bar Attendants (Casual) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 8 May 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Christopher Patrick – Cultural Venues Manager on (07) 4783 9800.