Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Stores Attendant.
The key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the daily working of Council’s Stores operations.
- Under regular direction, receive and issue Council’s stores and inventory on a daily basis including the safe loading and unloading of materials using the forklift.
- Under regular direction, assist in monitoring stores and inventory.
- Responsible for the accurate reconciliation of orders issued with delivery dockets, goods, materials and services received.
- Play a lead role in conducting regular stock-takes and inventory spot checks.
- Carry out daily cleaning and tidying of Stores work areas.
- Carry out storage and maintenance of stores inventory to ensure it is clean and in working condition for issue or re‑issue.
- Maintain security of stores areas.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated competency in the maintenance and safe operation of manual, small power and engine driven tools.
- Demonstrated experience in Stores or Warehousing and Inventory control positions.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Current class C driver’s licence.
- Current class LF (Forklift Truck) licence.
- Ability to perform risk assessments, documenting risks and applying mitigation measures to reduce risks associates with tasks.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($51,061 p.a.) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/19 - Stores Attendant - (pdf 206.82 kB)
Applications for 18/19 – Stores Attendant should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 2 May 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Michelle Stockdale – Purchasing and Stores Supervisor on (07) 4783 9800.