Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Customer Services Officer. This position involves working in the call centre. This is a temporary part-time position for a period of up to 5 months with the hours of work totalling 70 hours per fortnight. The hours of work will be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. There is a possibility that this position may be extended on a reduced hours basis.
We are also advertising for a temporary full-time Customer Services Officer for a period of up to 3 years. Applicants wishing to apply for both positions will need to submit a separate application for each position.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality multifunctional Customer Service to the Burdekin Shire Council’s external and internal customers in person, by telephone, written and via electronic media.
- Provide a positive and proactive service to customers through effective communication, conflict resolution, problem solving and advocacy.
- Process all service requests for the provision of works and tasks to be undertaken via our electronic Customer Request Management System.
- Process efficiently all Council applications, permits and payments.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($65,489pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/21 - Customer Services Officer (Temporary) - (pdf 207.68 kB)
Applications for 18/21 – Customer Services Officer (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 8 May 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Customer Service Centre Coordinator – Tonia Marano on (07) 4783 9800.