Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Diesel Fitter.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor the key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the effective provision of mechanical services for the repair, maintenance and servicing of Council’s plant and equipment, including but not limited to small plant.
- Carry out metal fabrication work as required using a variety of materials.
- The construction, installation, and testing of solar lighting infrastructure.
- Maintain oil store, filters for plant and service bay area.
- Provide trade guidance and assistance as part of a work team.
- Operate with general supervision as a mobile mechanic servicing Council’s on site plant and equipment and outlying depots as well as Councils workshop at Jones Street depot.
- Supervise and mentor apprentices.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Qualified Tradesperson Mechanic or Diesel Fitter.
- HR Class Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated mechanical experience in the servicing and maintenance of a variety of plant and equipment.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of techniques and materials used in the maintenance and repair of plant and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical procedures and materials for effective and efficient repairs of plant and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively within a team or independently.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of C6 ($64,229pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/22 - Diesel Fitter - (pdf 214.55 kB)
Applications for 18/22 – Diesel Fitter should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 8 May 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Kevin Holt – Workshop Supervisor on (07) 4783 9800.