Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Plumber to provide plumbing services in the Water and Waste Water section.
Reporting to the Water and Waste Water Supervisor the key responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, valves and hydrants in water, waste water and plumbing applications.
- Asset condition monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in the on-call roster.
- Attend after-hours call-outs and emergency situations when rostered-on or as otherwise required.
- Participate in meter reading when required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Certification as a Trade qualified plumber and drainer.
- Recent demonstrable experience in plumbing and drainage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and have the required initiative to get the job done.
- Proven ability to project manage including completing a job within the parameters of a fixed price and the ability to complete required paper work.
- Possession of a current driver’s licence – minimum of C class with MR preferred.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 7 ($58,577pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/23 - Plumber - Water and Waste Water - (pdf 202.63 kB)
Applications for 18/23 – Plumber – Water & Waste Water should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 8 May 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Shaun Johnston – Manager Water and Waste Water on (07) 4783 9800.