Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer within the Works section.
The primary duties of this position are to assist with the construction and maintenance of Council infrastructure throughout the Shire, and any other duties allocated by the Works Overseer and Supervisors. Manual handling and outdoor work is a key feature of this role.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- MR (Medium Rigid) Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated reading and writing abilities to undertake site risk assessments.
- Traffic Control Certification or demonstrated ability to obtain the qualification.
- General Construction Induction White Card.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,963.88.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/27 - Labourer - Works - (pdf 208.95 kB)
Applications for 18/27 – Labourer – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications will close on Wednesday, 6 June 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer – Rob Potter on (07) 4783 9800.