Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer within the Parks section to assist with the maintenance of Council parks, gardens, public open spaces and cemeteries by undertaking general labouring duties. This position is based at the Home Hill Depot.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated knowledge of landscaping and parks operations.
- Demonstrated experience in operating and maintaining a range of small plant and equipment associated with the maintenance of parks and gardens.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Current class C drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $1,963.88 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/30 - Labourer - Parks - (pdf 206.55 kB)
Applications for 18/30 – Labourer – Parks should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 12 June 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Tano Buono – Parks Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.