Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Casual Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendant to provide relief duties during periods of leave at the Council’s transfer stations.
The key responsibilities include:
- Open and secure the site on each rostered operating day.
- Supervise customers and any contractors operating at the transfer station.
- Direct traffic at the transfer station.
- Reject loads of waste that do not meet approved acceptance criteria for the transfer station.
- Treat customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Operate associated technology in order to accurately record transaction details, as required.
- Receive fees including cash and EFTPOS transactions and issue receipts.
- Ensure money received reconciles with transactions.
- Complete reports on transactions and associated activities in accordance with procedures.
- Set prices and sell second hand goods.
- Report to supervisor in a timely manner issues and activities likely to influence Council operations or adversely impact relations with Council’s customers.
- Clean and undertake housekeeping duties on site.
- Maintain hazardous waste collection areas and ensure material is correctly stored.
- Undertake yard maintenance duties including maintenance of signs or other equipment.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $25.84 plus the applicable casual loading.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/31 - Casual Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendant - (pdf 201.21 kB)
Applications for 18/31 – Casual Transfer Station Gatehouse Attendant should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 12 June 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Lachlan Kerr – Coordinator Waste Services on (07) 4783 9800.