Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Plant Operator in the Works section. This is a temporary position for a period of up to 12 months.
To be successful for this position you must possess current certificates of competency for the machinery listed in the position description and have a demonstrated experience in the operation of the machinery during road construction activities.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake components of the Department’s works programme, demonstrating an ability to make judgements on routine work conditions and processes, independent from senior staff and accepting responsibility for those judgements.
- Ensure the efficient use of materials, plant and labour including completion of plant defect reports as necessary.
- Drivers and Operators of machinery shall be responsible for the daily machinery maintenance prior to machinery start-up (six-point check).
- Conduct start up and shut down procedures as per operator manuals.
- Conduct basic preventative maintenance and clean allocated item of plant. All servicing and maintenance of plant to be to Manufacturer’s specification.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,034.73 which includes Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/35 - Plant Operator - Works (Temporary) - (pdf 253.06 kB)
Applications for 18/35 – Plant Operator – Works (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 10 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word of PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Rob Potter – Works Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.