Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Assistant Treatment Plant Operator to provide effective services in the treatment of wastewater to the residents of the Burdekin Shire by efficient operation and maintenance of Waste Water Treatment Plants and providing assistance to the fitting crew in the operation and maintenance of sewage pump stations.
Reporting to the Water and Waste Water Supervisor the key responsibilities include:
- Operate and maintain wastewater treatment plant e.g. sedimentation and disinfection in accordance with Quality Assurance (QA) procedures.
- Perform routine plant inspections to maintain plant operating capability and organise any maintenance work or configuration changes.
- Make necessary changes to production level and adjust chemical dose rates in response to water quality.
- Identify faults and operational condition of plant and report in accordance with asset management plan or statutory requirements.
- Ensure sludge and residuals are processed and disposed of without causing harm to the environment or the community.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated sound literacy and numeracy skills.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated Waste Water Treatment Plant knowledge and operating experience.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6 ($53,194pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/36 - Assistant Treatment Plant Operator - (pdf 156.8 kB)
Applications for 18/36 Assistant Treatment Plant Operator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 10 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Shaun Johnston – Manager Water and Waste Water on (07) 4783 9800.