Burdekin Shire Council is seeking an experienced Media and Communications Officer to play a key role in maintaining and developing Council’s communication channels and social media assets.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the key responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of a Social Media Strategy including the review and updating of the Social Media Policy.
- Manage, monitor and drive growth on existing and new social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Work closely with Council Executive to create and post engaging content on Social Media channels to grow interaction with customers.
- Monitor customer feedback; respond to customer questions, regarding services, and general enquiries from all social media platforms.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Tertiary education or relevant experience (minimum five years) in Communications or Journalism.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the role of communications and public relations in a corporate environment.
- Excellent writing skills, especially in the production of media releases, feature articles and promotional literature.
- Knowledge about the operations of media organisations, have a strong news sense and an understanding of media work processes and information needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 5 ($83,444pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/37 - Media and Communications Officer - (pdf 206.66 kB)
Applications for 18/37 – Media and Communications Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 17 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Human Resources on (07) 4783 9800.