Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Parks Supervisor to assist with the supervision of operational works within the Shire’s parks, gardens, cemeteries, reserves, streets and public facilities.
The key responsibilities include:
- Supervise and co-ordinate daily operations in area of responsibility, maintaining the prescribed standards detailed in the Burdekin Shire Council Parks Maintenance Service Levels Manual.
- Assist in the co-ordination of resources to deliver services in Council parks, gardens, public conveniences and cemeteries.
- Supervise, motivate and develop employees on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the parks and gardens coordinator in the monitoring of budget expenditure and budget planning.
- Undertake site inductions and risk assessments.
- Provide relief duties in the absence of the Parks Coordinator.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Certificate 3 in Horticulture or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of employees.
- Current “C” Class Drivers Licence (minimum).
- Certificate in Playground Equipment Inspection Level 2.
- Traffic Implementation Design certification or ability to attain.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($71,782pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/40 - Supervisor - Parks - (pdf 202.21 kB)
Applications for 18/40 – Supervisor – Parks should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Tano Buono – Parks Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.