Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Works Supervisor to assist the Works Overseer by managing significant components of Council’s capital and maintenance road and drainage construction programmes.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under general direction, plan, supervise and coordinate the maintenance and construction of Council assets in connection with roads and footpaths, kerbing and channelling, storm water drainage, boat ramps and other functions of Council.
- Under limited direction, control projects within budget allocation.
- Supervise Council day labour workforce and external contractors.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Considerable experience in the construction industry supervision in general and in particular relating to Local Authority, Department of Transport and Main Roads works construction and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex civil construction and maintenance projects within Local Government including examples of recent projects.
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Considerable experience in job costing control; cost forecasting; maintaining job safety and quality documents; and site records.
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction or equivalent recognised experience.
- Traffic Control Implementation.
- Current C class drivers licence.
- Authorised Person under the Electricity Act, 2002.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($80,043pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/41 - Supervisor - Works - (pdf 214.56 kB)
Applications for 18/41 – Supervisor – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Rob Potter – Works Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.