Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Leading Hand – Form Setter / Concreter to assist with the construction and maintenance of civil infrastructure in connection with roads, footpaths, kerbing and channelling, stormwater drainage, boat ramps and other functions of Council.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake all work as specified in the relevant quality and safety plans ensuring compliance with all Acts, Regulations, quality standards and Codes of Practice.
- Maintain site records of daily activities as required to ensure safety and quality compliance.
- Under the general direction and in the absence of the Supervisor, assume control and be responsible for all activities on the job site.
- Liaise with and coordinate contractors and other Council employees on the job site.
- Guide and assist gang members in construction and maintenance activities including quality control.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in concrete construction, concrete finishing, form setting and Council maintenance operations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend job plans, specifications and reinforcing schedules.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under minimum supervision in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and plan works.
- Current Class “MR” (Medium Rigid) driver’s licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position ranges from $2,278.93 to $2,432.57 with the commencing wage dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/42 - Leading Hand - Form Setter/Concreter - Works - (pdf 203.92 kB)
Applications for 18/42 – Leading Hand – Form Setter / Concreter – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Robert Potter, Works Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.