Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Technical Officer – Civil to assist the Design Office Manager in providing design, drafting, infrastructure asset management and technical services for the Council.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under general direction, undertake surveys, design, drafting, estimating, and compilation of specifications, job supervision, contract administration, costing analysis.
- Undertake projects as a technical project officer, including investigation, design, cost estimation, specification preparation, tender assessment.
- Participating in Council’s Flood Reporting Service including preparation of reports during times of floods.
- Assist with annual budget requirements within the Department area as well as providing cost estimates for use of other Departments in preparation of their budgets.
- Assist in checking design and as constructed plans.
- Provide advice to the public, professional and tradespersons, Government Departments and Statutory Authorities, within the bounds of Council policy and/or in accordance with supervisor’s directives.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Tertiary Educational Qualifications equivalent to an Associate Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in some of the following construction industry office practices: drafting, scheduling, quantity surveying, estimation, cost control, as constructed records, cost forecasting and the use of computers as an aid to those activities.
- Current C Class drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 6 ($91,770pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/45 - Technical Officer - Civil - (pdf 213.36 kB)
Applications for 18/45 – Technical Officer – Civil should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 30 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Matthew Ingle – Design Office Manager on (07) 4783 9800.