Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Graduate Technical Officer – Civil to assist the Design Office Manager in providing design and technical services for the Council.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under general direction, undertake surveys, design, drafting, estimating, and compilation of specifications, costing analysis.
- Undertake projects as a graduate technical officer, including investigation, design, cost estimation, specification preparation and tender assessment.
- Assist with annual budget preparation requirements within the Department area as well as providing cost estimates for use of other Departments in preparation of their budgets.
- Under supervision, assist in implementing technical projects co‑ordinating necessary tradesmen, technicians and other personnel.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of some of the following construction industry office practices: drafting, scheduling, estimation, as constructed records, cost forecasting and the use of computers as an aid to those activities.
- Current C Class drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($78,447pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/46 - Graduate Technical Officer - Civil - (pdf 198.52 kB)
Applications for 18/45 – Graduate Technical Officer – Civil should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 30 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Matthew Ingle – Design Office Manager on (07) 4783 9800.