Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Rates Supervisor to lead and mentor Council’s Rates team and maintain Council’s property database, rating operations and collections in liaison with other Council sections, State and Federal government departments and collection agencies.
The key responsibilities include:
- Support the Manager of Financial and Administrative Services by providing timely advice and support for the Rating function by Council.
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures including Council and State Government requirements for rating.
- Support policy and budget formulation for Council rates and charges including revenue modelling.
- Co-ordinate timely production and distribution of annual, supplementary, half-year water consumption and overdue reminder notices.
- Monitor and coordinate debt collection processes, hardship applications and payment plans for overdue rates.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated significant experience and specialist knowledge in local government rating and the operation of property and rating systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures for local government rating.
- Experience in the management and coordination of debt recovery processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a small team.
- Intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Office Systems.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 5 ($83,444pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/48 - Rates Supervisor - (pdf 200.94 kB)
Applications for 18/48 – Rates Supervisor should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Kim Olsen – Manager Financial and Administrative Services (07) 4783 9800.