Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Casual Library Assistant to provide quality customer service to library users and the community using appropriate policies and procedures under the remote direction of the Manager Library Services. Assistance with the provision of early literacy and other library programs in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering early literacy programs
- Assist with setting up displays, exhibitions and events
- Assist with preparing and delivering holiday activities
- Customer Service Desk duties. These may include assisting the public with the use of computers, internet and equipment as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Minimum of Year 12 education or equivalent
- Experience with community-based organisations or activities, either school or wider community.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $34.41 plus the applicable casual loading.
Applications for 18/60 – Casual Library Assistant should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 17 October 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on 07 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 18/60 - Casual Library Assistant - (pdf 140.39 kB)
For further information please contact Alexis Adams – Manager Library Services (07) 4783 9800.