Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Compliance and Investigations Officer. This is a temporary position for a period of up to 12 months.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertake compliance activities including inspections, patrols, investigations to identify breaches of Council’s Local Laws and the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act, including seizure and impounding of animals.
- Gather evidence for further enforcement action, including interviewing alleged offenders and preparing statements; taking and storing photographic evidence and collection and storage of physical evidence.
- Investigate customer requests and take enforcement action where necessary.
- Investigate, enforce and prepare evidence for prosecution on matters relating to the enforcement of the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated high-level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in a high conflict area.
- Sound computer skills with the demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technology and software.
- Demonstrated experience, in legislation enforcement including issuing notices and obtaining and executing warrants.
- Demonstrated animal management skills including understanding and assessing dangerous behaviour and capture techniques.
- Possession of a current Queensland “C” class driver’s licence for manual vehicles.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($78,447pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications for 18/63 – Compliance and Investigations Officer (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 19 November 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information contact Linda Govan – Coordinator Environment and Health on (07) 4783 9800.
Download the Application Package
- Job Vacancy 18/63 - Compliance and Investigations Officer (Temporary) - (pdf 154.38 kB)