Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for two Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants. The successful applicants will complete a traineeship in the Library while undertaking a Certificate III in Business Administration. The traineeship qualification has a nominal duration of 12 months.
This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of government incentives; therefore, successful appointment will be dependent on applicants meeting specific funding criteria contained in the attached Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire. Funding eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application.
The key responsibilities include:
- Customer Service Desk duties including assisting the public in locating information and supporting library clients in the use of computers, internet and other equipment
- Assist with setting up displays and exhibitions, and preparing for library activities
- Collecting newspapers and magazines daily from the newsagency
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Wages and Conditions of employment will be determined in accordance with the Order – Apprentices’ and Trainees’ Wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003; Training Wage Award – State 2012 and Council’s Certified Agreement. Currently, the salary ranges from $727.12 to $1,353.61 gross per fortnight dependent upon age and the highest year of schooling completed.
Applications for 18/65 – Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
- Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 14 November 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Library Services Manager – Alexis Adams on (07) 4783 9800.
Download the Application Package
- Job Vacancy 18/65 - Trainee Library and Information Services Assistants - (pdf 148.72 kB)