Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Trainee Administration Officer. The successful applicant will complete a traineeship in the Operations Department learning basic clerical and administration tasks while undertaking a Certificate III in Business Administration. The traineeship qualification has a nominal duration of 12 months.
This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of government incentives; therefore, successful appointment will be dependent on applicants meeting specific funding criteria contained in the attached Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire. Funding eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform a range of clerical activities for the Operations Department including Water and Waste Water, Parks and Works sections.
- Under regular direction maintain efficient customer request processing through the daily receipt, dispatch and finalisation in the Proclaim System.
- Assist in water sample preparation, collection, dispatch and recording in SWIM Local.
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence, public notices and other material relevant to the Operations Department.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Wages and Conditions of employment will be determined in accordance with the Order – Apprentices’ and Trainees’ Wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003; Training Wage Award – State 2012 and Council’s Certified Agreement. Currently, the salary ranges from $727.12 to $1,353.61 gross per fortnight dependent upon age and the highest year of schooling completed.
Applications for 18/68 – Trainee Administration Officer – Operations should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
- Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 21 November 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Operations – Wayne Saldumbide on (07) 4783 9800.
Download the Application Package
- Job Vacancy 18/68 - Trainee Administration Officer - Operations - (pdf 148.74 kB)