Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Rates Officer.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing maintenance to ensure integrity of the property and land rating database for levying of rates and charges, property searches and rating system upgrades.
- Generating and checking rate certificates prior to issue.
- Assist with debt collection processes for collection of outstanding rates.
- Assist with issue of annual, supplementary and half-yearly water consumption notices.
- Assist with preparation of rate reports including rating statement, audit reports, two and five year rating comparisons, comparative annual rates collections report.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated high level of administrative and financial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple new work procedures and adapt to changes in process, practice and technology, while applying attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience in Local Government property and rating systems, including knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($71,782pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications for 18/74 – Rates Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 1874 - Rates Officer - (pdf 144.52 kB)
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday 18 January 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Jacqui Thomasson – Revenue Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.