Local Government Act 2009
- Burdekin Shire Council (“Council”) has proposed to make Local Law No. 8 (Waste Management) 2018.
- Possible anti-competitive provisions have been identified in the proposed local law.
- Council has proposed to conduct a public interest test in relation to the possible anti-competitive provisions identified in the proposed local law.
- The purpose and general effect of Local Law No. 8 (Waste Management) 2018 is to protect the public health, safety and amenity related to waste management by—(a) regulating the storage, servicing and removal of waste; and
(b) regulating the disposal of waste at waste facilities; and
(c) ensuring that an act or omission does not result in—
(i) harm to human health or safety or personal injury; or
(ii) property damage or loss of amenity; or
(iii) environmental harm or environmental nuisance.
- Written submissions by any person in support of, or objecting to, the proposed local law are invited for a 21 day period commencing on 7 March 2018 and ending on 29 March 2018 (the “consultation period”).
- During the consultation period Council will make available for inspection and purchase copies of —(a) the proposed local law; and
(b) a public interest test plan about the possible anti-competitive provisions included in the proposed local law.
Copies will be made available at the Council Chambers, 145 Young Street, Ayr; the Burdekin Library, Graham Street, Ayr; and the Home Hill Library, Ninth Avenue, Home Hill during normal office hours or can be found on Council’s website www.burdekin.qld.gov.au
- Submissions must be received on or before 29 March 2018 stating—
- the grounds of the submission; and
- the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds.
You can download the Proposed Local Law and the Public Interest Test Plan using the links below.
- Proposed Local Law No 8 (Waste Management) 2018 - (pdf 121.87 kB)
- Public Interest Test Plan - Local Law No 8 (Waste Management) 2018 - (pdf 105.61 kB)