The amendment of the Burdekin Shire Council IPA Planning Scheme 2011 will commence on 13th July, 2018.
The purpose and general effect of the LGIP is to:
- Integrate infrastructure planning with land use planning identified in the planning scheme;
- Provide transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure;
- Enable Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- Ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- Provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
A copy of the amended Burdekin Shire IPA Planning Scheme 2011 is available on Council’s website; www.burdekin.qld.gov.au or for inspection or purchase at Burdekin Shire Council’s Customer Service Centre, located at:
- 145 Young Street, Ayr
If you have any enquiries about the LGIP, please contact Council’s Planning and Development Department on (07) 4783 9800.
Chief Executive Officer