Council is seeking expressions of interest to fill the role of Cultural Venues Supervisor on a temporary full-time basis from the 27 August, 2018 to 23 October, 2018.
- The key responsibilities include:Under the direction of the Manager, assist in the coordination and management of the day to day operations of the venue, including venue hire, customer service and work with the venues technical and front of house staff and volunteers, to ensure the delivery and coordination of all key services to support events and activities at the venues.
- Provide administrative and managerial support to the Cultural Venues Manager as required.
- Supervise ticketing operations including accounting (Finance One) and reporting procedures, box office staff, the ticketing system and provide high quality customer service to clients and patrons.
- Supervise venue administration staff as required.
- Coordinate front of house and hospitality services including rostering staff and volunteers, maintaining casual staff records and rosters, overseeing contracts and coordinating stock control to ensure the effective delivery of events.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated understanding of, and enthusiasm toward, the arts and entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills and proven ability to work as part of a small team.
- Sound financial and administration skills, including word processing, budgeting, computer skills, and stock control.
- Ability to supervise operational staff, including the development, monitoring and application of rosters.
- An ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Expressions of interest should include a cover letter, current resume and statements addressing the above Key Selection Criteria and can be emailed to or posted to Confidential Application No. 18/49, PO Box 974, Ayr Q4807 by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 15 August, 2018.
Download the application package using the following link.
- Expression of Interest - Cultural Venues Supervisor (Temporary) - (pdf 165.21 kB)
For further information please contact Chris Patrick – Cultural Venues Manager on (07) 47 839 810.