Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Disaster Management Officer. This is a part-time position with the hours of work totalling 36.25 hours per fortnight. The days and hours of work are flexible and will be determined in consultation with the successful applicant.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Burdekin Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) to manage and coordinate its functions as required by the Disaster Management Act 2003.
- Assist in the preparation, response and recovery activities for emergencies affecting local residents and visitors including community education and awareness programs.
- Develop and deliver training programs and education packages to council personnel in relation to disaster management strategies, roles and responsibilities.
- Update and monitor the information on the Burdekin Shire Council’s Emergency webpage and ensure all information is current.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated passionate attitude towards serving the community during times of disaster.
- Experience in facilitating training and presenting to audiences both internal and external to Council.
- Ability to work flexible or extended hours, including weekends and after-hours, during times of Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) activations, operations and community engagement events.
- Knowledge of Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements.
- Experience in capturing, organising, and disseminating corporate information while following relevant policies and procedures.
- Current “C” Class drivers licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($37,063pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/26 - Disaster Management Officer - (pdf 212.63 kB)
Applications for 18/26 – Disaster Management Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 21 May 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Eileen Robinson – Manager Client Services on (07) 4783 9800.