Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Tourism and Economic Development Support Officer to provide assistance and support in the operation of Visitor Information Centre facilities in the Shire and to provide administrative support to the Economic Development Coordinator and Tourism Officer.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in routine administrative or clerical work within the confines of established procedures, with occasional complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers and community organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing work environments and/or conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to apply time management skills to the workplace with reference to planning and organising own workload.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality client service.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and implement new skills with computer systems and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($65,121pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 18/43 - Tourism and Economic Development Support Officer - (pdf 207.93 kB)
Applications for 18/43 – Tourism and Economic Development Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Human Resources on (07) 4783 9800.