Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Revenue Coordinator to lead and mentor Council’s Rates team and maintain Council’s property database, rating operations and collections in liaison with other Council sections, State and Federal government departments and collection agencies.
The key responsibilities include:
- Support the Manager of Financial and Administrative Services by providing timely advice and support for the Rating function by Council.
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures including Council and State Government requirements for rating.
- Support policy and budget formulation for Council rates and charges including revenue modelling.
- Co-ordinate timely production and distribution of annual, supplementary, half-year water consumption and overdue reminder notices.
- Monitor and coordinate debt collection processes, hardship applications and payment plans for overdue rates.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Sound knowledge and an ability to interpret legislation, regulations, policies and procedures within the finance area.
- Demonstrated experience in Financial Modelling and examining data analytically.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a small team.
- Proven experience in critical decision making.
- Intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Office Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn a specialised function within the finance area.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 5 ($83,444pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications for 18/52 – Revenue Coordinator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 26 September, 2018 2018 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Kim Olsen – Manager Financial and Administrative Services (07) 4783 9800.
Click on the link below to download the application package
- Job Vacancy 18/52 - Revenue Coordinator - (pdf 209.46 kB)