We are excited to announce some great upgrades to key features for members using e-books through Wheelers ePlatform . They have developed Book Ratings, Saving and Lists. There is also a fantastic Renew feature.
Ratings, Saving and Lists
• Ratings – Users may rate titles using a star rating system. Also shown is the average of all other user ratings.
• Saving – Users may ‘Save’ titles via a new top menu item page called “Saved”. For example you may see titles that you wish to read in the future and ‘save’ them. When reviewing your Saved list, you can borrow one of the titles if available, or place a reserve on the title.
• Lists – Saved titles can be organised into lists.
In the past, loans would simply expire or be returned early, and if you had not finished the title you would need to borrow the title again, assuming it was available. To cater for readers who have not finished a book there is now a RENEW feature. Here’s how it works:
• When a loan is two days from expiry, you will receive an email to alert you to the expiration. In this email you are invited to renew the loan if you need more time to complete the title, but note it is subject to availability.
• A title can only be renewed if it is within 2 days of expiry AND the title has not been reserved by another member.
• Once a title is renewed the loan time is extended by the usual loan period from the date the renewal occurred (the time is not added to the existing expiration date).
• There will also be an email sent when the loan expires.