Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th August 2018
The following temporary changes to traffic conditions will be in place between 2.00pm and 1.00am on Saturday 18th August and 9.00 am to 4.00 pm on Sunday 19th August, 2018 for the hosting of the Golden Octopus Foundation Burdekin R.U.M weekend.
- Craig Street will be closed at its intersection with Bruce Highway
- Bruce Highway traffic will be reduced to 40km/hr between Lynch Street and the Heavy Vehicle Bypass
- Mackenzie Street traffic will be reduced to 40km/hr between Lynch Street and the Heavy Vehicle Bypass
Parking for the Burdekin R.U.M weekend will be available at the following locations:
- Bus, Taxi and Disabled parking only in Craig Street with access via Mackenzie Street
- General parking is available on both sides of Mackenzie Street from Lynch Street to Jones Street
- General parking is available on the Showgrounds side only on the Bruce Highway from Lynch Street to Ayr Cemetery
- General Parking off Craig Street opposite the Ayr Max Motel, this parking area is managed by Scout’s with gold coin donation
- Trans North will be operating a park and ride service every half hour from the Burdekin Rugby League grounds in Wickham Street, Ayr between 3.00pm and 1.30am. For further information on this service please contact The Golden Octopus Foundation on 0428 129 226.
For further information please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on (07) 4783 9800.