Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications to fill the role of Labourer within the Parks section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the maintenance of Council parks, gardens, public open spaces and cemeteries by undertaking general labouring and truck driving duties as directed by their immediate supervisor.
- Confirm the location of services (Electricity, Water, Telstra etc.) before commencing works.
- On a day to day basis, work efficiently and accurately, exercising initiative in the application of established work procedures.
- Assist in the establishment of desired outcomes for particular works for which responsibility has been allocated and to ensure their achievement.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Current class C drivers’ licence.
- Current General Construction Induction White Card.
- Demonstrated knowledge of landscaping and parks operations.
- Demonstrated experience in operating and maintaining a range of small plant and equipment associated with the maintenance of parks and gardens.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,078.90 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 19/16 - Labourer - Parks - (pdf 197.67 kB)
Applications for 19/16 – Labourer – Parks should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 17 April 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Parks Coordinator – Tano Buono on (07) 4783 9800.