Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Customer Services Officer. This position involves working on a rotational basis across the call centre and front counter. This is a temporary full-time position for a period of up to 12 months with the hours of work totalling 72.5 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality multifunctional Customer Service to the Burdekin Shire Council’s external and internal customers in person, by telephone, written and via electronic media.
- Provide a positive and proactive service to customers through effective communication, conflict resolution, problem solving and advocacy.
- Process all service requests for the provision of works and tasks to be undertaken via our electronic Customer Request Management System.
- Receipting functions for customers by way of cash, cheques and EFTPOS facilities.
- Process efficiently all Council applications, permits and payments.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Extensive experience in the provision of Customer Service by telephone and in person including the handling of large volumes of phone calls in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated cash handling skills including receipting and EFTPOS transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire product knowledge and adapt to changes in process, practice and technology.
- Demonstrated enthusiastic, hardworking work ethic.
- Proven customer service skills including effective communication, conflict resolution and problem solving.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($71,782pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 19/02 - Customer Services Officer (Temporary) - (pdf 144.96 kB)
Applications for 19/02 – Customer Services Officer (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday 25 January 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Tonia Marano – Customer Service Coordinator on (07) 4783 9918.