Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications to fill the role of Water Services Leading Hand.
The key responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, valves and hydrants in water, waste water and plumbing applications within extent of qualifications.
- Organise, give direction to and provide leadership to team members on work sites.
- Asset condition monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in the on-call roster.
- Attend after-hours call-outs and emergency situations when rostered-on or as otherwise required.
- Participate in meter reading when required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Possession of a current driver’s licence – minimum of C class with MR preferred and to be obtained within 12 months of commencement.
- General Construction Industry White Card.
- Recent and extensive demonstrable experience in plumbing and drainage and/or water and sewerage reticulation operations, including the construction of water pipelines and gravity sewer lines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as a leader and have the required initiative to get the job done.
- Proven ability to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget and to complete required records.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is up to $2,385.98 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy - 19/17 - Water Services Leading Hand - (pdf 201.56 kB)
Applications for 19/17 – Water Services Leading Hand should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday 17 April 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Water and Waste Water – Shaun Johnston on (07) 4783 9800.