Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications to fill the role of Leading Hand – Maintenance within the Works section.
The Leading Hand – Maintenance is responsible for the maintenance of existing Council assets including, but not limited to, road surfaces and pavement repairs, drainage maintenance and repairs, boat ramps and any other maintenance requirements to assets throughout the Shire. The maintenance program includes participation in the annual bitumen reseal program works
The key responsibilities include:
- On a daily basis, travel throughout the Shire assessing, patching and repairing deteriorating or damaged road edges and surfaces.
- Undertake all work as detailed in the relevant work quality plans and work procedures ensuring compliance with all Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice including Main Road Signage, Electrical Safety and the like.
- Assess and document risks and safety aspects associated with work and job sites.
- Organise private contracted plant and services.
- Under direction of the Works Supervisor, control works on the job site.
- Liaise with and coordinate contractors on the job site.
- Guide and assist work crew members in construction and maintenance activities including quality control.
- Responsible for work crew organisation and on-the-job training.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Current Class “MR” (Medium Rigid) driver’s licence.
- General Construction Induction White Card.
- Demonstrated experience in road construction, drainage works, concreting, Main Roads, Bitumen Sealing, and Council maintenance operations.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,208.05 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 19/18 - Leading Hand - Maintenance - Works - (pdf 205.07 kB)
Applications for 19/18 – Leading Hand – Maintenance – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Wednesday, 24 April 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer – Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9800.