Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for an Administration Officer to undertake a range of clerical activities within the Administration and Records section. Experience in formal minute taking is preferred however those applicants who possess transferrable skills are also encouraged to apply.
The key responsibilities include:
- Daily capture and registration of correspondence within council’s record management system.
- Agenda compilation and distribution.
- Minute taking and preparation of minutes for Council, Committee and other meetings.
- Assist with disposal of records which have met the requirements of approved retention and disposal schedules.
- Assist Records staff with the search and retrieval of corporate documents.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in routine administrative or clerical work within the confines of established procedures, with occasional complex situations.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in formal meeting minute taking or demonstrated relevant transferable skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply time management skills to the workplace with reference to planning and organising own workload.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality service to a range of internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and implement new skills with computer systems and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to handle private, confidential and sensitive information.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($65,121pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download an application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 19/20 - Administration Officer - (pdf 196.99 kB)
Applications for 19/20 – Administration Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 20 May 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Administration and Records Coordinator – Anne-Maree Dale on (07) 4783 9800.