Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Water Services Labourer to assist with the maintenance and construction of water and sewerage services to enable Council to meet its statutory obligations as a service provider.
The key responsibilities include:
- General labouring duties within the Water and Wastewater reticulation and operational areas as directed on a daily basis.
- Maintenance to pump stations within the reticulation area.
- Assist with meter reading and maintenance.
- Participate in the On-call Roster and attend to out-of-hours emergencies as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended period in direct sunlight.
- General Construction Induction White Card.
- Minimum of a C class driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plumbing, sanitary and reticulation fittings and their intended applications.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,078.90 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 19/29 - Water Services Labourer - (pdf 142.05 kB)
Applications for 19/29 – Water Services Labourer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 25 June 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Manager Water and Wastewater – Shaun Johnston on (07) 4783 9800.