With over 1 billion daily active users, Facebook is the world’s leading social networking site. It helps people stay connected, especially when they’re in different parts of the world. However, it has also been the subject of some privacy concerns. In this webinar, we show you how when used with proper care, Facebook can be an enjoyable source of entertainment and a great way to connect.
The FREE 1 hour webinar will cover:
- What you can do on Facebook
- Taking control of your privacy settings
- Some common Facebook scams
- How advertising works on Facebook.
The presentation is offered by the Office of the eSafety Commissioner and is being hosted by the Burdekin Library at the Ideas@108 space via a web session. You don’t need to bring anything unless you want to take notes during the presentation. Although designed to help older Australians stay safer online, everyone is welcome. Bookings can be made at the Burdekin Library at 108 Graham Street or by phoning 4783 9970.
This is one in a series of webinar presentations on cyber safety to be held over the next couple of months.
The other sessions will be
- Spot a scam – learn how to recognise and protect yourself from common scams and where to go for help when you need it – 9 April – 12.30pm
- Using data – learn how and when to use your mobile data or Wi-Fi to help you stay safer online and save money – 9 April – 10.30am
- Safe on Facebook – learn how to protect your privacy on Facebook and enjoy connecting with others online safely – 8 April – 9.30am