Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Manager Community Services to lead the functions of community development, library services and cultural venues.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop, coordinate and review Council’s Community Services.
- Oversee Library Services and Cultural Venues operations, and supervise relevant Managers in these areas.
- Ensure the effective development and promotion of information about the range of Council and other community services.
- Overseeing the delivery of community activities and events.
- Coordinate sport and recreation clubs and other community organisations to maximise use of infrastructure to the benefit of those clubs and organisations, and the community as a whole.
- Develop and review Council’s social planning strategies and associated policies, manage Community Services projects, ensuring key deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Prepare well-considered reports for Council and make presentations as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Diploma or Bachelor level in Social Sciences, Humanities, or Arts; or significant experience in working in a similar role in the public or community sector.
- Proven ability to develop and implement community development related strategies, programs and manage associated budgets.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills across a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in developing, implementing and maintaining co-operative working relationships between government agencies and community groups.
- Demonstrated possession of well-developed negotiation, co-ordination and research skills.
- Demonstrated project and event management skills.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
This position is being offered under a 4 year fixed term contract with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications for 19/01 – Manager Community Services should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday 8 February 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Nick O’Connor – Director Corporate and Community Services on (07) 4783 9800.
Download the Application Package